By John M. Kistler
Introductions to every bankruptcy clarify the problems, in addition to the arguments that encompass them, and a normal creation to the quantity completely explains how one can use the ebook. every one access includes the subsequent info: writer, identify, version, sequence identify, situation of writer, identify of writer, variety of pages, 12 months of booklet, and foreign regular booklet quantity. Annotations contain an important details on hand to assist the researcher, together with websites that comprise not just the total textual content of the e-book whilst on hand, but in addition excerpts and articles or interviews through the writer; brief quotations from the books; and brief descriptions and summaries of the books. all of the info supplied permits scholars to find precisely what they want, whereas encouraging them to discover different concerns and differing viewpoints.
Read or Download Animal Rights: A Subject Guide, Bibliography, and Internet Companion PDF
Best bibliographies & indexes books
Martin Le Franc's prediction in Le Champion des dames (c. 1440) that Christine de Pizan's identify could undergo for ever is borne out within the present impressive style of curiosity in Christine as France's first expert lady author (c. 1364-c. 1431). complement II, construction at the volumes released by way of Kennedy in 1984 (502 goods) and 1994 (391 items), covers the best interval thus far of scholarship on her paintings: 1991-2002 (1255 items).
Books on Early American background and tradition, 1981-1985: An Annotated Bibliography keeps a sequence of bibliographies directory book-length works on North the USA and the Caribbean ahead of 1815. intended for students, librarians, and scholars of early the USA, the publication surveys over 900 monographs, essay collections, exhibition catalogues, and reference works released among 1981 and 1985.
A truly convenient publication for a researcher, particularly within the period sooner than the web. it is extra of a beginner's advisor for college students stepping into critical examine in background or different social sciences, and for librarians. the writer held levels in either library technology and historical past. The ebook has splendidly extensive margins in the event you prefer to jot very important notes to themselves during their familiarization with the indexed examine instruments.
- Angels: An Indexed and Partially Annotated Bibliography of Over 4300 Scholarly Books and Articles Since the 7th Century B.C.
- Encyclopedia of British Writers, 1800 to the Present (2 Vol Set)
- Wie der Mensch seine Welt neu erschaffen hat (German Edition)
- Recommended Books in Spanish for Children and Young Adults: 2004-2008
- The Trans-Saharan Book Trade: Manuscript culture, Arabic literacy and intellectual history in Muslim Africa
- Maxwell's Guide to Authority Work (Ala Editions)
Additional info for Animal Rights: A Subject Guide, Bibliography, and Internet Companion
0520045718) Ten essays and lectures on vegetarianism, whaling, native Americans, experimentation, rights, and critique of the use of utilitarian philosophy by Peter Singer. org/arvoices/regandeep. html]. Regan, Tom. The Case for Animal Rights. , 1985 (originally published 1983). (0520054601) The author uses "moral rights theory" to mount a defense of moral rights for animals. " This work is scholarly and philosophical, with complex issues and complex answers. David Degrazia wrote that this book is "perhaps the most systematic and Animal Rights: General Works 25 explicitly worked-out book in animal ethics .
M. The Teaching of Animal Welfare (in two parts). London: Universities Federation for Animal Welfare, 1988. (0900767537 and 0900767545) These were used for classes in veterinary science and agricultural science. Reece, Kathleen A. Animal Organizations and Services Directory, 199293, 4th ed. , 1993. com/ -maser/backyard/ Animal, html]. Regan, Tom. All that Dwell Therein: Animal Rights and Environmental Ethics. , 1982. (0520045718) Ten essays and lectures on vegetarianism, whaling, native Americans, experimentation, rights, and critique of the use of utilitarian philosophy by Peter Singer.
47. Freeman, Michael R. Animal Welfare: Index of Modern Information. , 1990. htm]. 48. Frey, Raymond Gillespie. Interests and Rights: The Case Against Animals. , 1980. " The author says that language is needed for sentience and beliefs and desires. He approaches the arguments from a utilitarian philosophy, just as Peter Singer does, with opposite conclusions. This sort of argument is countered by more recent discoveries in animal ethology. Do animals in fact have no languages? It is more debatable now than it was in 1980.