By Daniel K. Blewett
In this better half quantity to his 1995 bibliography of an analogous identify, Daniel Blewett maintains his foray into the immense literature of army reviews. As did its predecessor, it covers land, air, and naval forces, basically yet now not solely from a U.S. viewpoint, with the welcome emergence of small wars from publishing obscurity. as well as determining suitable companies and institutions, Blewett has accumulated jointly the superior in chronologies, bibliographies, biographical dictionaries, indexes, journals abstracts, glossaries, and encyclopedias, each one followed by way of a quick descriptive annotation.
This paintings continues to be a pertinent addition to the overall reference collections of public and educational libraries in addition to specific libraries, executive files collections, army and intelligence organization libraries, and old societies and museums.
Read Online or Download American Military History: A Guide to Reference and Information Sources Second Edition (Reference Sources in the Social Sciences) PDF
Best bibliographies & indexes books
Martin Le Franc's prediction in Le Champion des dames (c. 1440) that Christine de Pizan's identify may undergo for ever is borne out within the present striking style of curiosity in Christine as France's first specialist girl author (c. 1364-c. 1431). complement II, development at the volumes released through Kennedy in 1984 (502 goods) and 1994 (391 items), covers the most efficient interval up to now of scholarship on her paintings: 1991-2002 (1255 items).
Books on Early American heritage and tradition, 1981-1985: An Annotated Bibliography keeps a chain of bibliographies directory book-length works on North the USA and the Caribbean ahead of 1815. intended for students, librarians, and scholars of early the USA, the publication surveys over 900 monographs, essay collections, exhibition catalogues, and reference works released among 1981 and 1985.
A really convenient booklet for a researcher, particularly within the period sooner than the net. it really is extra of a beginner's consultant for college students moving into severe learn in historical past or different social sciences, and for librarians. the writer held levels in either library technology and background. The publication has splendidly huge margins in the event you prefer to jot very important notes to themselves during their familiarization with the indexed examine instruments.
- The Newbery and Caldecott Awards: A Guide to the Medal and Honor Books (Newbery & Caldecott Awards)
- Fifty Key Literary Theorists (Routledge Key Guides)
- Women in the United States Military: An Annotated Bibliography (Routledge Research Guides to American Military Studies)
- British Writers Retrospective: Supplement 2
- Was ist Materie?: Zwei Aufsätze zur Naturphilosophie (German Edition)
- A Christopher Marlowe Chronology (Author Chronologies Series)
Extra info for American Military History: A Guide to Reference and Information Sources Second Edition (Reference Sources in the Social Sciences)
00. LC 89-25620. ISBN 0-313-25384-6. The over 6,800 entries of this volume provide extremely good coverage of this interesting period of American military history. The numbered entries cover monographs, documents, dissertations, and journal articles. There is also a section on biographical material. With author and subject indexes. 13. Higham, Robin, ed. A Guide to the Sources of United States Military History. Hamden, CT: Archon Books/Shoe String Press, 1975. 559p. index. 00. LC 75-14455. ISBN 0-208-1499-3.
500p. glossary, bib. (Garland Reference Library of the Humanities, Vol. 1577). 00. LC 92-16454. ISBN 0-8153-0813-2. A reference tool that covers American military history from 1775 to 1991. It concentrates on the military life and experiences of noncommissioned officers and enlisted men, a welcome change from the usual works that focus on the great events and great leaders. Primary and secondary sources are listed. S. 00, LC 92-054676, ISBN 0-06-270045-6). 39. , and Donald R. Whitnah, eds. Chronological History of United States Foreign Relations.
F. Academy, 1972. 83p. (Special Bibliography Series, No. 46). 12:46). Page 7 Biographical Sources 30. Brown, Russell K. Fallen in Battle: American General Officer Combat Fatalities From 1775. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1988. 269p. append, bib. index. 00. LC 88-5644. ISBN 0-313-26242-X. This is a biographical dictionary of over 200 officers. While briefly describing their military career and importance, details are given on how and where these men died. At the end of each entry there are references to other sources.